Denne teksten ble brukt for å presenterte Jürgen Moltmann (f. 1926) da han ble kreert æresdoktor ved MF i 2018:
Jürgen Moltmann (born 8 April 1926) is Professor Emeritus of Systematic Theology at the University of Tübingen. In the age of 92 he is still active as author and lecturer. During his visit to Norway, MF is celebrating his contributions to church and theology in Europe and worldwide.
Through his “Theology of hope” (1964) he contributed to make the Christian hope a main theme for contemporary theology. His portrait of a “Crucified God” (1972) pictured God as one that suffers with his creatures. Through his subsequent books, Moltmann has given groundbreaking contributions to various theological themes, such as Trinitarian theology, theology of creation, Christology, pneumatology, ecclesiology, eschatology and political theology.
Moltmann has shown a unique sensibility to contemporary questions, at the same time being thoroughly rooted in biblical theology and the theological tradition. Himself a Reformed theologian, he has developed a theology that is fundamentally ecumenically oriented.
Also today his works are read, analyzed and discussed by theological students, teachers and researchers. The insights and perspectives of Moltmann’s theology continue to engage, provoke and inspire young people.
Selected bibliography – Main works:
- Theologie der Hoffnung (1964). English: Theology of Hope (1967).
- Der gekreuzigte Gott (1972). English: The Crucified God (1974).
- Kirche in der Kraft des Geistes (1975). English: The Church in the Power of the Spirit (1977).
- Trinität und Reich Gottes (1980). English: The Trinity and the Kingdom of God (1981).
- Gott in der Schöpfung: Ökologische Schöpfungslehre (Kaiser, 1985). English: God in Creation: A New Theology of Creation and the Spirit of God (1985).
- Der Weg Jesu Christi (1989). English: The Way of Jesus Christ (1990).
- Der Geist des Lebens (1991). English: The Spirit of Life (1992).
- Das Kommen Gottes: Christliche Eschatologie (1995). English: The Coming of God: Christian Eschatology (1996).
- Erfahrungen theologischen Denkens: Wege und Formen christlicher Theologie (1999). English: Experiences in Theology: Ways and Forms of Christian Theology (2000).
- Weiter Raum: Eine Lebensgeschichte (2006) [autobiography].