Illness and absence
There are specific valid reasons for absence from exams.
If you have a valid reason for absence from an exam, you will not use an exam attempt, and will be entitled to register for the deferred exam, granted that you give proper notice to the exam office.
MF allows self-notification in case of absence from exams. This means that you give proper notice to the exam office, but that you do not have to provide documentation. In some cases you may be required to provide documentation later. The self notification system is valid for all form of exams.
Note that you cannot submit an exam paper if you have given notice of absence.
Valid reasons for absence
- If you, or a person for whom you are the primary caretaker, are ill.
- Home quarantine or home isolation because of the corona virus.
- Death of a close relative (including burial ceremonies)
- Concurrent examination dates at MF
- Other weighty reasons outside of your own control (has to be approved and may require documentation. Send an e-mail to email@example.com to ask whether your reason can be accepted.)
The deadline for submitting the form is three days after the exam or the submission deadline of the exam. If you do not submit the form within the deadline, you will use one an exam attempt and not be entitled to register for the deferred exam.