The Ombud for students
The Ombud for students is an independent support person who will give the students at MF advice and help in matters related to the study situation.
Contact the Ombud for students
MF has a joint Ombud for students with several other schools.
The Ombud for students has a duty of confidentiality. The ombudsman is a neutral support person for the students.
Read more about the Ombud at studentombudet.no
The Ombud for students can:
- listen to students and provide guidance in difficult situations
- help students further if they have a problem related to their study situation, but are unsure where to turn
- assist students in appeal processes
- assist students who have reported something, but who experience not being heard or not receiving an answer within the deadline
- help students to understand their rights and responsibilities
The Ombud for students does not make decisions, take sides or decide the outcome of cases.
The Ombud for students is a low-threshold offer, and it is completely non-binding to get in touch. No case is too small or large, and all inquiries are treated confidentially.
All study places in Norway are required to have a student ombudsman. Cf:: UH-loven §4-17.