Access to new and deferred exams
- If you have a valid reason for absence during an ordinary exam, you are entitled to a postponed exam. See Illness and absence.
- If you fail a regular exam, or withdraw during a written school exam or a home exam, you are normally entitled to another attempt, unless if you have used all exam attempts. Note that it is not possible to withdraw during an examination if the exam form is submission of an essay or a portfolio exam.
- If due to studies abroad, or deferred internship, you have not been able to attend the regular exam, you will be given access to the deferred exam by applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not show up for the exam, you will not be entitled to a new examination.
- If you do not complete, or pass, the new or deferred exam, you are not entitled to take the course again until the next ordinary exam. This also applies to students that have a valid reason for absence for new or deferred exams.
- In order to improve grades on a course in which you already have passed, you have to subscribe for the next ordinary exam. Note that this will cost additional NOK 1500,- in addition to the regular semester fee. It is not possible to improve grades in previously passed master thesis courses.
Exam questions on new and deferred exams
- At written school exams and home exams candidates will be given a new exam question to answer within the allotted time.
- On courses with essay or portfolio submission there is not a new exam question. Instead, candidates submits a revised version of their drafts or a new version of what they handed in on the ordinary exams.
How to register for new/deferred exams
You must sign up for new/deferred exams on StudentWeb. You cannot register before the exam result is announced in StudentWeb. This is also the case if you have a valid reason of absence from the exam.
- Log on to Studentweb and choose the tab «Results».
- Click the button «Resit course» to the right of the relevant course. A new window opens.
- Step 1 Classes, click the button «Do not wish to sign up for class» (seeing as you are only taking the exam).
- Step 2 Exam, Choose the exam in question from the list (06/12 nyuts).
- Click the button «Finalize».
In some cases you must register through the tab «My active courses» instead. Choose the course in question from the list and click "register for exams", or look it up in the search field and click "add course". Finish by completing the registration in the pop-up window.
If you have problems registering, you must contact the exam office (email@example.com) within the registration deadline.
New/deferred exams autumn semester 2023 (January 2024)
- The deadline for signing up for new and deferred exams is Sunday January 7th.
- The exams will be arranged between January 15th og 29th.
- Oral exams dates will be made available shortly after the ordinary exam.
Exact exam dates for new/deferred exam are made available in the course description by April in the spring semester and by October in the autumn semester.