The MF Writing Center
The writing center offers MF-students help to improve their writing skills. As MF-student, you will get guidance on how to formulate a thesis, structure an essay, craft substantive and balanced arguments, write references and bibliography, and other topics concerning the writing process.
Book an appointment:
- First enroll at the library page in Canvas
- Then book an appointment in the librarys course calender
- Click on the "Find Appointment" button in the library course calender
- Send your draft to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or simply drop by the library. You will find us at Babel's Table in the main room!
Our writing consultants are MF students who have received training from faculty and library staff.
The center offers one-to-one tutoring by appointment or by drop-in, either at MF or on zoom. There are also other activities at the center, such as group tutoring, workshops and talks about topics concerning the writing process.
The center welcomes students at all levels. It is located in the library at MF and is served by the writing consultants, library staff, and faculty.
Useful resources for search techniques and cited reference search
Zotero - reference manager
The library recommend the reference manager Zotero. It is open source and free to use. Everyone may download Zotero and use it together with Word and other text editors. Zotero is available both for PC and Mac.
Zotero courses from the Library
The Library offers Zotero courses on demand. Students and staff who wants individual training or needs help with Zotero may contact us.
The writing center offers:
- One-to-one tutoring
- Group tutoring
- Oral and written feedback on drafts
- Workshops and seminars organized by the writing center in cooperation with the library and faculty
The center does not offer:
- The center does not offer proofreading or academic supervision
- The writing consultants do not offer help with writing home exams