About the MF Library
The library of MF Norwegian School of Theology, Religion and Society is one of the largest libraries in Norway on the subjects theology, religion, social sciences and related subjects. We are located at Majorstuen in Oslo.
- We have study desks and areas for groups. The IT help desk and Writing Centre are also in the library.
- We can help you throughout all of your studies! Do not hesitate to contact us if you need help or have a question.
- You will find us at the library counter, or you can reach us by phone or e-mail.
- The library uses Oria, a search engine that allows you to browse the library's resources, books, articles, journals, music, films, and electronic resources etc.
- Oria users can sign into My Account and renew their borrowed books.
- The library is mainly for the use of our own students and teachers, but we will also answer requests from the general public.
- Enroll at the library page in Canvas
Gydasvei 4, Oslo
Postboks 5144 Majorstuen
Telephone: 22 59 05 20
Approximately 86.000 print books, 206.317 e-books and access to more than 800 current periodicals within the topics of theology, religion and the social sciences
Special collections in Qumran-related literature, hymnbooks, Quakerism
Reference material related to our field.
The library also has a collection of student theses.
Ask a librarian!
Staff and students can get help from a librarian who will show you how to search our databases to find relevant literature/information.
Please contact us at the library desk, or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us: 22 59 05 20 during daytime, Monday to Friday.
Library and reservable study desks
The library is a part of MF’s Learning centre, where, in addition to library services, you’ll find IT-services and courses. In the library you will find both a quiet study/reading area, computer terminals and work spaces where groups can cooperate.
In the quiet study/reading area, a number of study desks are reserved for master's students. These are distributed at the beginning of each semester by the Student Council. More information about this is normally given on Canvas.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I borrow a book?
Bring the book(s) that you want to borrow to the library desk.
The library staff will then check out the book (s) for you.
Do I have to be quiet in the library?
We have 3 different areas in the library: Our group study space where you are allowed to talk, and the open study space and the traditional reading room where silence is gold!
How do I get my own study desk?
Apply on the student intranet, or contact the Student Union
Is it allowed to eat in the library?
No, but at cup of coffee or an apple or a sandwich is ok, but no noisy and smelly food.
For how long can I borrow a book?
Reading list material, 1 week, other material 4 weeks.
If there is no waiting list, your loan will be automatically renewed.
If you get a message that there is a waiting list, please return the material as soon as possible. Show solidarity to your co-students!